One of the greatest enjoyments is having a cup of coffee in the morning and taste also a piece of delicious cake. One of my favorite cakes is the one with yogurt and apples I have discovered here.
What I love in this cake is the amazing aroma while it is baking...cinnamon and apple!!!
So let's begin...
- 250gr unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tea cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 tea cup ground up apples
- 1 tea cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 500gr flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Preheat over to 180 degrees C.
Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy using an electric mixer or a hand mixer. Add eggs one at a time.
Add the apples, the yogurt, the cinnamon. Finally mix in a small bowl the flour with the baking powder and add it to the mixture.
Put the mixture in a cake tin and bake it for about 1hour.
- You may add also almonds or even better, walnuts.
- Put powdered sugar just before you serve it. But if you want it with not that many calories, you can taste it also without it and it will be delicious.
Happy Cooking and Happy Coffee time...