Hello my friends!!
Valentine’s day passed and I hope you had a great time! Of course I truly believe that everyday should celebrate Valentine’s day! We can and we must celebrate every kind of love continuously! Love for our men or women, for the kids, for the nature, for friends….and love for handmade! Anything handmade, since it is something that we create with love, passion and imagination!
So today I am honored to have a great etsy friend in my blog. Please let me introduce you Dori from HunkiiDorii!!!!
She might be an “etsy” friend but I always felt that I know her from the past. She is a lady with a girly heart, always optimistic, a nature and life lover and always having a great smile. A lady like her, could not create something less of masterpieces. I tried hard to select a few photos with her creations to post here, but to be honest, I love all of her creations. One of a kind polymer clay creations!
Here is a small interview of Dori.
Hi all, this is Dori from Budapest, Hungary.
I guess no matter how much I would like I can’t get away from creating :D. I’ve tried my hand at many things, beginning very early with paper creations, later continuing with beads, wire jewelry, sewing, felting and loads of other stuff, but I never thought I would actually make things to sell. Sometimes I still don’t think… 😀
Anyway, polymer clay is my material of choice for the time being, probably because it is so versatile and isn’t as time-consuming as working with many other materials. Although that is not entirely true, but maybe what I mean is that it can be left alone for a while before actually finishing it, and still see some results (such as pieces of a necklace or beads or tiles for instance). I also like it that if I’m not happy with what I’ve just made I can start again. I’ve always had this dread of either not being able to finish a piece (for instance when I sewed) or creating something I didn’t like. And then what? :O This is totally the nature of things and that is how we all learn, so I shouldn’t be so squeamish about it but I am, and with clay this feeling is somewhat lessened.
The reason why I do it is actually because I love doing it :D. And I sell or give away the pieces because first of all, I couldn’t afford all that raw material (clay is pretty expensive, and so is electricity) and tools and things, and secondly, I have no room to store it all. Plus – and not the least at all – I love it that others like what I make, too. I have quite a lot of self-doubt, especially about certain pieces, but when I have a piece that I really like and others do, too, that is such a great feeling.
10 random things about me – in no particular order or importance or significance:
1. Zina is my crazy Greek friend who always shouts my head down in the morning in her Etsy convos 😀 You can’t not love her! 😀
2. I like cooking. Except when I have to 😛
3. I don’t like grumpy people (except Grumpy Cat :D) so when I see one I will them to be happy. And they usually obey, the unsuspecting muggles!
4. I buy loads of hand lotion because I need to wash my hands all the time while claying and the water makes them dry.
5. I’m afraid I’ll never run out of ideas, even though sometimes I would very much like to, just for a little while…
6. I’m a spinning top. But sometimes a spinning top needs its rest, too.
7. I teach English to adults.
8. I once made one of my adult groups create marzipan figurines to illustrate a story we were listening to. I’d been a bit nervous they wouldn’t want to but they enjoyed it more than me! Then I ate all their creations.
9. I didn’t actually eat all their creations, only a goat and a chicken. They ate the rest themselves. 😀
10. I love laughing a little too much…
Dori was kind to offer a great necklace from her collection as a gift to one lucky lady. She propably should offer chocolate…but ok… she prefered a polymer creation… I prefer it also…nah… she is a great cook (I think) 🙂
So in order to have the chance to win this beautiful necklace, just use the Rafflecopter below and earn more entries.
http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/3cfc9a2/” rel=”nofollow”>a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thank you Dori… You’ve made my day 🙂