It is actually funny, even thought I do not like the red color (at least on my cloths and accessories) I adore it on the fruits! My favorite fruits actually are all red! Strawberries, Watermelon, Cranberries and now Cherries! You know, these amazing Fresh Cherries with this deep red color! So yummy and so sweet… amazing to taste them as they are or in smoothies or in ice cream, but this time I tried them on a cake! And guess what? It was delicious!
Summer time in Crete and we are ready to go for swimming with my grandparents! My grandmother, a typicall Greek grandmother, was always having with her small bowls with food and biscuits and fruits of course! You know, just in case me and my brother got hungry. But to be honest this was actually her way to force us to stay away from the water for a while! hahaha Anyway, cherries, peaches and watermellon were always in these bowls. And when we were back at home, we always having Greek yogurt with Sweet Cherries, so yummy! Smelling cherries, reminds me these happy moments and my grandmother who always smiling and singing and dancing! But she was always also chasing us to eat our food!
So as you can imagine, cherries are always in my home too! Actually I consider fresh fruits as a great gift of nature to us! After I have enjoyed the Strawberry Oat Cupcakes it was about time to bake something with Cherries also! And a delicious cake cooked just perfect to enjoy it with coffee or with ice cream! Since I wanted to create a delicious but also a “good looking” cake, the greatest way to do it is of course with Silikomart Molds, since the donut mold I have used for the Honey Baked Donuts with Strawberry Glaze was just perfect! My new spiral cake mold was amazing!
Ingredients for Delicious Cake with Vanilla and Fresh Cherries:
– 1 cup Butter
– 1 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
– 4 Eggs
– 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
– 3/4 cup fresh Cherries (without the pips)
– 3 1/2 cup all purpose Flour
– 1 tablespoon Baking Pownder
Ingredients for the Cherry Icing:
– 3 tablespoons Sugar Fine Flour (additional Sugar Fine Flour to decorate the Cake – optional)
– 1 teaspoon melted Cherries
– The procedure is really easy and the usual one we use for cakes. First clean the cherries, remove the pip and put them on a food processor and melt them.
– In a bowl mix the butter and the sugar and add the eggs one by one until the mix becomes homogeneous.
– In a seperate bowl mix the flour with the baking pownder and set aside.
– Add in the mixture the Vanilla and the melted Cherries and keep mixing. Add the flour and when the mixture is homogenous put it in the mold.
– Bake for about 1h in 170 degrees C. Use a toothpick to check if they are done (should come out clean).
– Allow the cake to cool and then decorate it with Sugar Fine Flour and the Cherry Icing! Buon Appetite!
So… do you love Cherries? How do you enjoy them???